Friday Follower and Shoegasm

I am dead chuffed to introduce my new weekly feature - Friday Follower.  I have had such a fabulous response to bloggers wanting to be a part of it.  I'm blown away!  So here how it works.


I will be featuring one of my BRILLIANT followers every Friday because firstly, I want to tell you how magic you all are and secondly, give their awesome arses a wee shout out for visiting and leaving dazzling comments.

This week's Friday Featured Follower is my lass,  Xmas Dolly.  

We visit with each other every Monday for Music Moves Me and through our love for music, we've become good pals!  Here's what Dolly had to say...


Tell us something funny about you?  

Hmmmm Funny huh? Okay, here it goes. I was once a Go-Go dancer. Is that funny enough? I was single and had a baby I had to support and I got laid off from my job. I was a mess and worried up a storm. 

After I cleaned out my desk I stopped at a neighborhood bar and as it was afternoon, there wasn't too many people in there and me and the female bartender/owner started to talk. 

One thing lead to another and she asked if I could dance. The rest is history. 

I never went topless got paid 30 bucks a night plus tips. 

Thought I was kiddin' huh? I was 23.

How did you first get involved in with blogging? 

My daughter is a blogger (NightOwlMama) I'm disabled and a retired legal assistant. I work from home now. She said I would love it and it would give me something to do when I wasn't busy.

Who is your favourite blogger and why? 

I'll have to say NightOwlMama. She is my daughter, and I'm very proud of her. She really made her blog work for her and she has soooooo many followers and friends.

Have you met any of your readers in real life? 

Yes, I have. As I said, NightOwlMama, but we're related. ~snicker~ 

I've met GlitterBabe. She lives near me and we had lunch one day

Do you have a favorite post? 

I think my favorite was when I told all my friends/readers how I met my hubby. 

"My future was a wrong number". 

Why do I love it? Because I still don't believe my happiness could've happened from a wrong number. Granted he could've been some creep, but sometimes in life you have to take chances and I just had a gut feeling.

How did you get involved in Blog Giveaways? 

My daughter hooked me up with a couple of easy ones to learn how. My first one was Uprinting.

You are a transcriptionist. What exactly is that?  

Transcribing is when my boss sends me interviews of people in a MP3 file, and I type them up through a dictaphone. Regulars you get two days to type it up, but a rush is 24 hrs. I've typed up scientists interviews, Hugh Heffner, Sam Lay (famous jazz drummer) and of big corporate companies. I've also typed up nurses and doctors from University of Chicago and so many others.

You crochet.  What is the weirdest thing you have every crocheted? 

Weird? Nah, nothing weird unless you call doll's clothes weird.

How has your diagnosis changed your life? 

If you mean my Spinal Stenosis it would be a long story. I use to be  a very active dancer and in my husband's band too. I played keyboards and was back up singer. My husband is also a roller coaster enthusiast. We've been to so many amusement parks and coaster and four times to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. I guess I miss that the most. 

I had back surgery in 2006 and since then I've also put on weight because of not being able to get around. I've also developed Chronic Venous Insufficiency which is poor blood circulation, but the doctor says she can't help me until I lose weight. Caught between a rock and a hard place now. Right now I'm taking shots to relieve the pain. It works for a month. I can get them 3x a year because of insurance rules. I'm also going to go to a doctor to see if I'm a candidate for screws removal. I have four and a plate. So wish me luck!

If your life was a movie...

Probably the Seven Faces of Eve because I've played so many different roles in my life time. Who would play me? hmmmm Renée Zellweger.

Now go give this awesome gal some love.





Now time for a little shoe shopping....  Rising Taste.com has some adorable shoes (and accessories).  Go pick up a couple of pairs of cuties, grab my button and linky-link up.  Don't forget to leave a comment to say that you've done so, and I can come visit and drool over your selection of Shoegasms.


Adorable Apricot Pumps $18.00 at Rising Taste
Pretty Blue Bows $18.00 at Rising Taste
Snake Skin Furball Pumps $20.00


Plaid Dots Buckle Fish Mouse Pumps Blue
Buckles White and Yellow Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers